Wednesday, April 8, 2009
How to Be a Good Casino Blackjack Player
Playing blackjack is not a difficult task when you know certain rules and strategies. When you play online the computer program will usually inform you of your next betting choices. This makes it easier to play and learn for a beginner. Online sites often have special rules you need to follow so make sure to research and read all you can at a site before taking the plunge and registering.
There are four basic strategies that you need to master will before your start playing casino blackjack. The basic blackjack has a set of hit/stand rules and betting which leads you to winning. Patience and perseverance go a long way to make you a good casino blackjack player.
There are four basic rules which help you to increase your chances of win. They will definitely give you an edge over the others once you have mastered them. They are
a) If the dealer''s face up card is 7 or higher keep drawing more cards till your hand reaches 17at least or higher at hard count and 18 or higher at soft count.
b) If the dealer is showing low cards of 6 or lower, draw cards only till you reach 12 or higher.
c) If the dealer shows 9 or lower, double down if you have 10 or 11 in total from your first two cards.
d) If you want to split only use 8s and Aces. No other pairs should be split.
Your goal in playing blackjack should be to keep on improving. Only then you can become a good casino blackjack player. Mathematical strategies and basic principles of blackjack do not change much but you can acquire better skill at the game. This is what will actually lead you to win at blackjack.
To become a good casino blackjack player one should keep a few tips in mind:
1) You must practice the basic blackjack strategy once a year. This is important because fundamentals of the game remain unchanged. So mastering the fundamentals and basic strategy is the foundation of your game.
2) Play your game at 5 different casinos because each place will offer you different table conditions. This will challenge the mind and will offer flexibility and experience.
3) Read books on blackjack so that you learn new tricks of the game. You also pick up what not to do in a game.
4) If you really want to become a good player stop playing blackjack online. Live blackjack is quite different. Online cards cannot be counted.
5) Get to teach blackjack to some friends or relatives. This way you can improve your own game. Teaching forces you to think about the game and improve.
To improve your game even more, you can write about blackjack or spend some time reading articles about the game play. Another way to improve would be to play at stakes higher or lower than you would usually play. Important fact is to know your betting limit. This will discipline your mind and teach you to remain calm.